When it comes to flooring options, engineered timber has gained immense popularity over the years. Engineered timber flooring combines the timeless appeal of real wood with enhanced durability and stability. Its natural elegance adds warmth and sophistication to any space, making it a favoured choice for homeowners and interior designers alike.
There are numerous benefits of having engineered timber flooring installed in your home, which includes:
- Exceptional Durability: Engineered timber flooring is constructed by combining layers of wood in a cross-grain configuration. The board is then finished with a protected veneer of your chosen timber, such as European or Tasmanian Oak. This construction technique enhances its stability and resistance to moisture, temperature fluctuations, and warping. Engineered timber can withstand heavy foot traffic and is less prone to scratches, dents, and fading compared to solid wood flooring. Its robust nature ensures longevity, making it an excellent investment for your home.
- Natural Aesthetics: One of the most enticing aspects of engineered timber flooring is its authentic and captivating appearance. Crafted from real wood veneer, engineered timber showcases the unique grain patterns, knots, and colour variations that make each plank one-of-a-kind. Whether you prefer a rustic, traditional, or contemporary style, there is a wide range of timber species, finishes, and shades to suit your personal taste and interior design vision.
- Eco-Friendly Choice: Engineered timber flooring is an eco-conscious alternative to solid wood flooring. By utilizing a veneer of solid wood over a layered plywood core, engineered timber maximises the use of natural resources. This efficient construction process reduces the amount of harvested wood required, making it an environmentally friendly flooring option.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: Engineered timber flooring is engineered for convenience. It can be installed as a floating floor, or glued down to the subfloor. Either installation method saves time and allows for easy removal and replacement of individual planks if needed.
To maintain the condition of your engineered timber flooring, follow these cleaning tips:
- Regular Cleaning: Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to remove dirt and dust. Use a soft-bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with a hardwood floor attachment to prevent scratches.
- Avoid Excess Moisture: Although engineered timber is more resistant to moisture than solid wood, excessive water or spills should still be promptly cleaned up. Use a damp, not wet, mop or cloth to wipe away spills and prevent water from seeping into the floor’s seams.
- Gentle Cleaning Solutions: Use a mild, pH-neutral wood floor cleaner recommended by the manufacturer. Avoid harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaning tools that can damage the protective finish. View our range of recommended cleaning product – HERE
- Protection from Furniture: Attach felt pads to the legs of furniture to prevent scratches and dents when moving or rearranging items.
Engineered timber flooring brings together the beauty of real wood with enhanced durability, making it a remarkable flooring option for any home. Its ability to withstand heavy foot traffic, ease of installation, and eco-friendly nature make it a practical and sustainable choice.
By following the proper maintenance techniques, including regular cleaning, and avoiding excess moisture, you can preserve the elegance and longevity of your engineered timber flooring for years to come. Embrace the timeless charm of engineered timber and transform your living spaces into havens of natural beauty.
View our range of timber flooring – HERE